Romans 12:12 "rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer;"

We are moving!





Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Decision

             Our decision to move and leave our home church was very difficult.    Fairhaven has reached out and wrapped us with love these past three years.   Peyton was eight weeks old when the Keys came to Demopolis.  Now he is 3 and 1/2 years old and a little boy.  During this time, TJ was born.  Fairhaven took care of us.  So, suffice it to say- we're feeling bittersweet. 


         God has a plan for us.  Jake and I have prayed, and prayed, and prayed, and cried and prayed.  God had to be extremely clear with us.  There is NO doubt in our mind that this is His plan.  I'll spare you the mundane details- it's not public business.  I am a little sad that God had to go so far to teach us his plan, we just weren't willing to listen at first.

     Then when we were willing to listen, we weren't sure that what we heard was His voice.  I say that to say- we didn't think He would have us leave FBC when we are fully involved in His service. 

     Pictures of Sunday school teachers' caring faces filled our mind.  Peyton NEVER hesitates to go to SS, how can I be sure he'll be that comfortable elsewhere?  TJ is always shy about his class, I can't imagine taking him somewhere else!  Will other children's departments be welcoming and love on our babies? 

    Of course! 

     Now take into consideration both of our bible study groups.  My girls will be fine without me, I know that.  Will I be fine without them?  Jake's group is a blessing to him and our marriage.  How long until he finds another group where he is comfortable? 

    All of these matters did weigh heavy on our minds, and they all continue to weigh heavy on our minds.  Pray for us, because all aspects of this situation need to bathed in prayer. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you all!