Romans 12:12 "rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer;"

We are moving!





Thursday, September 8, 2011

It Got Crazy for a Minute

The kids  made me get up at 7:something this morning.  Read: This is a problem.  Why? TJ and Peyton both crawled in with me last night until I solved the problem.  "No one in Mama's bed except Mama!" What? Jake had already escaped!   I carried TJ to his room and plopped him down.  Then I went back for Peyton, "Why me Mama? I wasn't kicking you."  He did have a point, but by then I wanted to be alone. 

Back to the original point.  I finally got up, started Sesame Street, and went to the kitchen to get started on pancakes (from scratch since I ran out of mix.)  The recipe I use for pancakes calls for bunches of milk.  This resulted in a VERY thin batter.  I guess I should have finshed combining dry ingredients before adding wet, huh?  We ate crepes for breakfast, lots of crepes.  Each child 'polished off' nine each.  I say 'polished off' because they literally licked the plate.  Boys.

  I quickly realized that my plate was full today.  Well, not my breakfast plate because my kids did not leave me hardly anything to eat.  Our real estate agent was coming by for her initial visit at 2, my grandparents were coming to visit at roughly the same time,  I needed to make cute cupcakes for a shower at church, and I - I was sitting in the middle of my kitchen floor surrounded by crumbs, dish rags, and my good silver that the kids were using to cut play dough. 

No.  This process is moving too fast.  I am not ready for the real estate agent to view this mess of a house that we call home.   No.  I will just call her back and postpone our viewing.  Yes.  That will make the crumbs disappear, the rags put themselves in the wash, the cupcakes bake themselves, and the good silver will waltz back into its' boxes.  Oh, it won't? I should take a chill pill? 

This is where God spoke: My child, let me take care of this.
Whitney: OK!

So I swept the floor, put rags and towels on to wash, and gathered the good silver in the sink. 

And some other stuff that was no more glamorous.  Then the realtor showed up, and she didn't mention the crumbs (because by then, more crumbs accumulated from the cupcakes I was making for the aforementioned shower.)  She did, however, suggest we take down our extra bed that is stationed in the formal living room.  OK!  

taken after the sebatical
Then my grandparents arrived.  My Dad (for that is what I've always called my grandfather) put in our new icemaker.  Sidenote: Have you ever seen the little contraption appliance-men use to activate an ice-maker?  It is AWESOME!  They put what looks like a false cover on the ice-maker and push little buttons on the side, then, then it lights up. 

Cupcakes:  I picked up two boxes of chocolate cake mix at the Marketplace last week.  Unfortunatley, the cake mix called for three eggs and A WHOLE STICK OF BUTTER!  Imagine whipped, silky, chocolate buttercream icing - that would be this batter.  Of course whenever I host (or co-host) as baby shower, I volunteer for cupcakes.  Because I have a method for cupcake and muffin making that I really should attempt to patent.  OK, so maybe not patent.  Instead of filling the pan cup 2/3 full, as directed, I fill the pan cup 3/4 full.  Sometimes, not always, this happens. 

not today's cupcakes, but similar
That's why I went light on the icing, that, and the whole stick of butter.  Leftovers.


So, true to Fairhaven form, we hosted a TRIPLE baby shower.  Once again we had three ladies due within weeks of each other.  The first triple shower was held for TJ, his friends Emma James, and Mia.   I totally thought news of our impending departure had traveled throughout Demopolis, alas my sweet, pregnant friend Lana did not know.  There were tears.  Then I had another heart-to-heart with my pregnant friend Heather.  Finally, I spoke with the pregnant Mallie about how happy I am for her and Tony. 

At home, Jake was washing dishes (like every GOOD man should.)  Our media player has stopped working completely, so we listened to music on his iPhone.  George Strait was singing "Troubadour" as we slow danced in our kitchen.  "Lord, help me to hang on to this moment in the coming weeks when I am alone and missing Jake's help with the kids, the house, and most importantly, his comnpanionship." 
Jake and TJ sleeping in the green chair- sometime early 2010

No comments: