Romans 12:12 "rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer;"

We are moving!





Friday, September 30, 2011

Kids clothes

I'm linking up with Kelly at Kelly's Korner today. 

My boys are exactly two years and four days apart.  We were blessed in that way.  When Jake and I found out we were expecting the second time, I hoped, and prayed, for a little girl.

 Peyton, boy number one, may act like me but he looks like his daddy.  I wanted a little girl that would look like me, so I could dress her up and make her wear pink everything.

A few days before the gender revealing ultrasound, I really had a peaceful feeling, from God I know, that another little boy would be just fine.  Not to mention cheaper on the old wallet!  TJ, boy umber two, is just fine with me.

Furthermore, since their birthdays would be so close in the year, clothes would most fit in the correct season.  I would detest 6-month-summer clothes if my baby hit that size in say, November.  See what I mean?

SUYL topic: Where do you buy kids clothes?

I have only bought a handful of things for them, EVER.  Almost ALL of their clothes are hand-me-downs from older boys in our church.

 WHEN I do shop for them, I buy something matching (go ahead and judge me) generally (in the case of mass market) from Old Navy.  In the case of personalized/ home parties, I just go with the flow.  If I want the boys to wear monogrammed shirts to a party or event, then I use a entrepreneurial friend.  Just this week, I purchased Fall shirts from Amanda, here.   Last Christmas, OK August, I attended an Orient Expressed home party and ordered our card picture outfits. 

Oh! My husband put a 18-month age limit on smocked items.  So we are strictly Polo's and khakis now. 


Peyton, TJ, and Jake's hand

courtesy Sarah Snowden

2 comments:

That's Life said...

Nothing wrong with matching outfits! ;) My boys are only 15months apart and we do it all the time. Unfortunately for us, they can't share a lot of clothes due to season conflicts.

Thanks for sharing your friend's site. I will have to check her out.

Whitney said...

Thanks for the love Rachel!