Romans 12:12 "rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer;"

We are moving!





Thursday, August 11, 2011

Blue/Yellow

With our first week almost finished of attempting to learn, I'd say we've been successful.  Peyton adores Red Light, Green Light and the Bumblebee song.  Unfortunately, he also adores telling me that yellow things are blue and that blue things are yellow.  But I'm not really sure if he is not able to tell the difference yet, or (and this is probably it) Peyton just thinks it's time to have fun with Mama.

He is also making strides in writing his name.  When I give him lined paper (and I know his paper should not be lined, give me a break) he sometimes takes the time to draw a stick on it (a stick being the first attempt at a 'p'.)  Fridays are set aside for review and catch up: maybe we'll focus more on blue and yellow?

View from my kitchen door Wednesday evening, scary storm approaching


TJ watching the storm approach

Busted lip

Peyton pulled him to the concrete

Hambone- he is changing literally every day
 So several years ago, Jake and I were in a couples' Sunday school class that read The Five Love Languages.  Read this book.  So much human conflict arises from unmet love languages.

 I experience love through quality time, and Jake experiences love through physical touch (hugs, hand holding.) 

Last night, at the church library, I checked out The Five Love Languages: Children.  I skimmed the book last night before bed and have already decided what the kids' languages are, pretty much. 

Peyton- quality time
 TJ- physical touch

Those apples didn't fall far.....


No comments: