Romans 12:12 "rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer;"

We are moving!





Thursday, July 21, 2011

Faith Stones

Ok, last week I mentioned we should remember what God has already done for us.  One method of doing so is to put up faith stones, or alters (eek, that word connotates candles and a creepy picture collection.) 

Jacob had a habit of setting up alters in places that he truly felt God's presence; e.g. Bethel (pillar anointed after his vision of the ladder Gen 28:18,  Gen 33:20 Jacob built the alter at El Elohe Israel).  It is in this tradition, I like to set up faith stones (not literally rocks people!)  Just big markers in my mind for rememberance. 

This is a (partial) list of places where I have truly felt in His presence:
  • Peyton's first hospital visit after seizure
  • the time when our back door broke, like would not close
  • TJ's birth (cord wrapped around his neck, I was on oxygen)
  • Bible confernce with Dr. Smith, studying Colossians
What are some of your 'stones'?  If you are not able to comment (thanks Blogger) just Facebook me or whitneykey83@gmail.com 

No comments: