Romans 12:12 "rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer;"

We are moving!





Thursday, July 7, 2011

Happily Outside

    We played at Autumn's grandparents' pool this morning.  TJ and I floated around while Peyton watered various plants, picked a marigold for Jessica (oops), and shot everybody with a water gun. 
     Went to Taco Bell for lunch (drive-thru) and repeated my order 4 times.  Bets on if it was correct? 


      After nap we watched a Barney movie about the firehouse.  Then we played on the patio.  TJ mostly wrote with chalk and messed with the new charcoal grill.  Peyton rolled and rerolled the playdough I made him Tuesday.  He also rode circles on the patio with his tricycle.

   Supper was country tonight.  Cornbread, field peas, mac and cheese, sliced cucumbers and tomatoes.  Which Jake and I enjoyed, our kids did not.  Jake asked why we don't have field peas more often.  That can be arranged.
     Since I have been doing a small group Bible study for six months, Jake finally got in on the act.  Except with boys.  Anyway, he left for that and I got to feeling sorry for myself.
    Not exACtly sorry, just like I was not trying my very best to be the best mother.  I know I can do better; keep my voice in check, hold my temper, be understanding, cherish every moment, that kind of thing.  Then I set out to sweep the dining room floor (be thankful it wasn't YOUR job) and Peyton was picking up the living room (!) He finished with that, got the dust pan and swept my pile into the trash, WITHOUT BEING TOLD!  First thought: Do I raise my voice too much that he thinks this is the only way to win my affection?  Second thought:  How sweet! We must be doing SOMEHTHING right.   Final thought: Praise you Lord!

The winner of yesterday's water fight (Katie)

An innocent bystander (TJ) and the initiater (Peyton)

Ready for swimming at the Spence's

He found out that the oven mitts are fun

Sneaky little cutie pie
Stunt: He came out of his room fifteen minutes after I put him to bed and said, "Is it time to get up yet?"  I can imagine that little thing laying in his bed, smiling, and thinking NOW it has sure to be long enough.  Precious. 

No comments: