Romans 12:12 "rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer;"

We are moving!





Saturday, July 30, 2011

Love you Kayla


10.  I really like to kill certain bugs.  Roaches: I enjoy the 'exoskeleton crunch' when I step on a black bug.  I believe this started one Friday evening 17 or so years ago.   I was in Kayla's mom's kitchen when Kayla freaked out about a large roach on the couch.  She was having a panic attack!   Grabbing a paper towel, I came to the rescue by squashing the thing with my hand and towel (we were barefoot.)  Ants: no mystery here!  When I was bitten by ants in my own backyard growing up, the site would swell out to nickel size.  Very unpleasant!  I though water drowned ants until I went to college (henceforth I killed them by flooding where ever they were.)  Freshman year college, the ants came out of the carpet in Critz Hall.  I literally cried when I called the housing department to report.  Moving on to the trailer, I tried to drowned the ants in my sink.  Boy was I surprised when they weren't deterred!  Since then, I use OTC ant spray.   Imagine: a long line of hard-working ants speeding along the bricks of my house.  Then Whitney weilding a can of poison, moves in to slowly (methodlically) spray every last ant until it stops moving.

9.   I'm a nerd.  No, for real.  I like to learn; I'm a knowledge junkie.  Our netflix is full of National Geographic/History Channel / other nerdy stuff. 

8.  I have a weird thing on my back.  Skin growth, it itches.   I mean, Mommy says it is nothing to worry about.  Ugh

7.   I have a problem with chocolate.  Desperately, I don't want to pass this on to my children, but I NEED sweets, chocolate sweets, all the time. 

6.  I want to visit the Lewis and Clark Expedition.  Fascinating.  Now, understand that I will be doing NO outdoor, tent camping.  But wouldn't that just be fun?!

5.  I don't paint my fingernails.  Why would I?  I might do a french manicure, but my natural nails already have the pink/white look.  Plus, extended use of color would yellow the nail beds. 

4.  I love my husband more everyday.  We have been through a bunch together.  We'll go through a bunch more, I'm sure.  And here is the thing- we both have a choice, daily.  Love isn't an emotion, it's a choice.  Not always fun, but necessary if we are going to survive, and we will.

3. I think I hate Facebook.   I am considering deleting my account.  Too much drama!

2. Normal doesn't come close to describing my mind.  That is a secret, I hope.  I can think in a thousand different directions-like how I would like to sew curtains for our living area, Men in Black is a good movie, why don't my children play outside, I need to empty the vaccum.  That sort. 

1.  Though I am not a great housekeeper, I am a perfectionist at it.  What?  I want my baseboards wiped clean, everyday.  But I spend so much time mopping up orange juice (full containers) that I hardly have the time.  If I could have a robot to clean for me- she'd have her work cut out.  The cutlery drawer needs organizing.  I want it done perfectly; Martha perfectly.  I don't like to turn over the couch on a daily  basis (so as to sweep/vaccum under it,) but my floors aren't truly cleaned unless the couch-crumbs are removed.  Perhaps this secret would be better titled I have a Martha Stewart complex.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are adorable.

And I laughed OUT LOUD at this.