Romans 12:12 "rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer;"

We are moving!





Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sunday Funday

Sunday really is my funday.  I enjoy serving the Lord in different capactities at Fairhaven.   May I repeat our Sunday school lesson for you?  Thanks!

Matthew 6:25-34.  We discussed worrying.  Ironic?  Much!  Isn't that just like God, give you a message you can't ignore at the most oppurtune time.  Wonderful how He provides for the birds and flowers and they aren't even made in His image. 

Dr. Atkins' sermon was on Revelation 1(John's vision of the glorified Jesus in the midst of the lampstands.)  Let's keep our eyes on Jesus and not be scared by things happening in the world.  But stuff is happening, be realistic, just keep your focus on Him. 

I enjoyed repeat steak salad for lunch today.  My new dressing is Vidalia Onion Vinagerette with Red Peppers.  Then I had one of the fabeled Sunday afternoon naps. It was nice.  I plan to repeat. 

Tonight, Dr. Atkins preached about events in Peter's life.  We sit upstairs on Sunday night, with the sound equipment.   Jeff Webb (Katie's dad) was running the sound board, and he was happy to let Peyton explore.  Oh but did he explore.  Twice the pulpit mic squeeked.  Yup, that's my son. 

But really I was just thanking God that He has placed us in a church where people really care about each other, and want to be involved in our lives.  Haley (Katie's sister, Jeff's daughter) said Peyton is a cute bad. But he's not really bad, just extremely curious about stuff.  And smart enough to figure it all out. 

Peyton hasn't gone to sleep yet, but he is in his room.  We just heard his little voice say "Mama, Daddy, it's time for y'all to go to bed!"  What do you say to that? Jake went to his room and had a conversation with him.  Peyton asked if our show was over (yes) then said it was time for us to go to bed.  Jake said "But I don't want to." Peyton said he didn't want to either (you don't have a choice son.)  Then Peyton did something that Katie taught him (thanks.)  He put a blanket over his nose and pinched it before tallking.  I'm sure he said something about "I love you, good night" and other pleasentries.  What is funniest is what Peyton generally says when you ask his name with his nose pinched.  "Peyton Edward Bunny" 

Yeah, I don't know either. 

No comments: