Romans 12:12 "rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer;"

We are moving!





Friday, May 27, 2011

Engagment Story

Y'all ready? 

Jake asked for my hand in marriage on his birthday 2005 (February 13.)  I was writing a paper for a class (sidenote: I received a 0 on the paper, and  a B in the class.)  I was slouched out in jammies all morning while Jake was, assumedly, working with the cows.  When he got to the trailer, he smelled like he ususally did after working cows, like he had just worked cows!  I was watching random television programming (0, remember) when an ad for the local pawn shop came on.  I was looking at the laptop (ok, I was writing the paper during commercials,) and Jake said "I guess I need to go there [pawn shop.]" Me: "You know that doesn't matter to me." I glanced toward the couch to smile at him but he was already down on one knee. 

Can't remember everything he said, but I do remember "best birthday present if you say yes."  So I did, well I didn't say it- I yelled it.

 I have always loved how creative Jakey was.

These pictures were taken in Iuke, MS by Selena


We did our own hair!

Turn your head sideways- Our First Family

1 comment:

Sarah Beth said...

so cute! I love the pictures and me and Brian did our own hair for our engagement pics too. ha!